Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Where does our money go ?

As the youth basketball season is passing the halfway point, I received an email  the other day from the local Little League saying that it was time to register my two boys for the upcoming season.The email stated that because the town increased the field user fee per child, the cost of registration was increasing. Little league passed that one on to us parents but it gets better, now there is a processing fee that will also be added to each registration. The total for both my sons to play is north of $300. But wait, I do get a cheap hat and team shirt. Now don't get me wrong, my boys have had a great time playing little league over the years and I have no problem paying. My problem is where does all this money go? Last time I checked the coaches are volunteers, they town fields they play on are maintained with my tax dollars, the umps are parents pulled from the crowed, and us parents have to buy the pants, socks, gloves, and bats each year. So I ask again, where does our money go?

No comments:

Post a Comment